This product has been designed to help maintain skin integrity in the elderly and those most ‘at risk’ from compromising skin conditions.
SKIN CARE FOR THE ELDERLY
- Use pH balanced soap alternatives e.g. (PERI FOAM CLEANSER)
- Shower every second day, with warm not hot water.
- Apply perfume free, low preservative moisturisers.
- Apply protective devices to those at risk.
SHEAR PROTECTION®, can also help to protect arms and legs from cuts & scratches and will assist in protecting the skin from prolonged exposure to the sun.
SKIN CHANGES IN THE ELDERLY
- Dermis loses 80% of its original thickness.
- 40% less Collagen.
- Sebum and sweat production is reduced.
- Epidermal layer separates more easily from the dermis.
- Elastin fibres decrease in number but increase in size rendering skin stiff and inelastic.
- Small blood vessels diminish by 40%.
Protective sleeves that provide cushioning for heels & ankles.
Lightweight, two-way stretch sleeve with Mineral Oil-based Gel pads providing gentle protection.
Flexibility for conforming easily to bony areas of the body, such as heels & ankles.
Help in reducing skin break down and shear force injuries.
Low profile, molded gel heel cup is designed for use with footwear.
The M-Gels used in GEL-eze® products are 100% medical grade, non-allergenic mineral oil-based viscoelastic compounds.